I can’t believe I am still working on this piece which I started at the end of January!
The captured image of Beethoven has now been printed beautifully (thanks Mike) and looks great in its frame made by Alec and Jo at The Framing Lot, Dawlish.
Watch me decomposing the original work here…
Removing the materials left a rather messy silhouette of Beethoven on the base board. Initially I thought of making a new silhouette on a clean board but then realized there would be no apparent connection between the two parts of the work. So I decided to use the original base-board, filling in the messy silhouette with white paint. The next step is for Alec to cut a rectangular aperture into the base to hold the clear plastic jar containing the decomposed materials. (I had to abandon the idea of using a glass jar because of the weight and the risk of breakage.) In homage to Tony Cragg (Self Portrait with Sack) I will place a few carefully chosen found materials onto the silhouette, to indicate where they had been in the picture, again to create a link between the 2 halves of the work.
Very happy with progress! All will make sense in the end!!